Nurses Wearing Clogs At The Hospital: If you are a new nurse who has just started working at a hospital with different other nurses, you must be wondering why nurses wear clogs all the time at work instead of any other footwear.
The simple answer to your question is that the clogs are the most comfortable and supportive footwear for nurses who stand all day during their shift.
A good pair of clogs minimizes the chances for a nurse to develop knee, joint, ankle, back, and foot pain after a long day at work. So, almost all nurses prefer wearing high-quality, supportive, and comfortable clogs to help them carry out their everyday work with ease.
The Main Reason Behind Wearing Clogs
There are many reasons why nurses prefer to wear clogs during their work hours, some of them are stated below:
Safety: The main reason why the clogs are very popular among nurses as their work shoes is that they provide excellent safety to their feet while working.
For most nurses, foot safety is their priority when they are looking for footwear for work.
Clogs ensure the feet are well protected and secured.
Since with clogs, the feet are fully covered, in this way the feet are protected from any liquids, body fluids, chemicals, medicinal liquids, or other materials.
Support: Good clogs ensure that your feet are well supported. Clogs provide good support at your ankle and heel area of the foot so that you do not feel dis-balanced while walking or standing for a long time.
Good cushioning at the ankle gives you a better experience at walking and makes sure that you do not feel any unpleasant impact while wearing them.
Clogs also provide good arch support, so that the natural arch of your feet is maintained.
Comfortable: The topmost quality of clogs is that they are very comfortable.
Good footwear gives nurses comfort throughout the day during their long working hours.
Clogs give a cushioning effect to the feet which makes them comfortable while walking or standing for long hours.
The best thing about clogs is that they are designed in such a way that they help individuals to maintain their natural posture and this reduces the chances of developing back pain.
Durable: Due to busy schedules, most nurses do not have time to buy footwear frequently, so clogs give them an ultimate solution to their problem! Clogs are made of durable material which usually includes rubber and leather.
The clogs retain their shape and appearance for a longer time.
Easy to wear: The clogs are even comfortable with putting them on and taking them off due to slip-on technology rather than taking a lot of time to put on with the shoes having laces.
When you are in a hurry or when you are lazy, you do not need to use your hands to wear them! Also, when working at a hospital you must be careful with what you touch with your hands to avoid spreading germs and infections, in that case, it is better to keep your hands off your footwear!
Stability: Another reason why nurses prefer clogs over any other footwear is that clogs provide better stability to the feet.
The clogs are slip-resistant so they prevent you from tripping or buckling on different surfaces.
All thanks to clogs, one can walk on slippery, wet, and oily surfaces easily without feeling any fear of falling.
5 Most Recommended Clogs For Nurses
Below are the 5 most recommended clogs for nurses which are super comfortable and supportive which are all you need throughout the day.
1. Dansko Women’s XP 2.0 Clogs
You might have already heard about the brand Dansko, it is considered one of the best when it comes to clogs! You can easily find their clogs almost everywhere.
They are known for good support and comfort. The sole of the shoes is made of rubber material which gives you a good grip on the floor and gives the shoes a slip-resistant property! So you can move freely on dry, wet, and even oily surfaces easily without any fear of falling or slipping.
The clogs give you promising extra comfort while walking, all thanks to the padded instep collar embedded in the clogs. It is perfect for everyday wear since it has a lightweight EVA midsole which reduces fatigue and prevents the occurrence of pain which may be caused due to long-standing hours.
With Dansko Women’s XP 2.0 Clogs you can walk comfortably and easily because it has plenty of room for your toes to move freely in the toe box. It has high shock absorption technology which ensures that you do not feel any pressure while walking, it also ensures that you are getting good stability for your feet.
PU or polyurethane dual-density footbed gives a natural arch design which gives your feet ultimate comfort and cushioning. The clogs even have a memory foam which ensures that your foot is in its natural position and is well comforted.
With Dansko Women’s XP 2.0 Clogs almost all of your feet are covered and protected from the external environment, so you do not have to worry about spilling any liquid or fluid on your clogs.
- The sole of the shoes is made of rubber material
- There is a heel of 2 inches present in the clogs
- The toe box inforced in the shoe is roomy and gives good space for the toe
- The platform of the shoes is about 0.75 inches
- The EVA midsole of the shoe is lightweight
- The sole of shoes is made of polyurethane
- The upper is made up of leather and fabric materials
- The shoes have a dual-density removable PU foot bed.
- The leather of the clogs is easy to clean
- Comfort is guaranteed by Dansko Women’s XP 2.0 Clogs
- These shoes make you look more professional
- The clogs are very lightweight
- Stability is complementarity provided by the shoes
- The clogs add some inches to your height and make you look taller
- The shoes are shock absorbent
- The shoes give natural arch support to your feet
- They are expensive
- They are usually available in big sizes
2. Dansko Work Wonder Coral Slip-on Clogs
If you love Dansko then work wonder coral slip-on clogs are another option for nurses like you who have to be on their feet throughout the day. The clogs are very affordable yet have amazing qualities just like Dansko Women’s XP 2.0 Clogs.
The design of the clogs has rubber pads which makes them slip-resistant on any surface including oily-wet, dry and wet surfaces. So, it is the best choice when you are looking for the clogs for long-term wear The clogs have a PU foam footbed which is removable, it gives a shock-absorbent effect and makes sure that your feet don’t receive any strain or stress while walking.
The best part about these clogs is that they have a moisture-wicking lining which prevents the building up of moisture in feet due to long-wearing and also controls odor production.
The shoes are durable and comfortable, they promise good support to your feet as well. The slip-on feature of the clogs ensures that they are easy to wear and remove.
- The clogs are made of 100% leather
- There is a removable PU foam in the footbed of the clogs
- Tested for wet, dry, and oily wet indoor surfaces
- The odor control feature is available to ensure your Clog linings do not have moisture and odor
- The sole of the shoes is made of rubber
- The clogs consist of slip-resistant rubber pads
- The clogs are easy to clean
- They are highly affordable
- Shock absorbent technology is present in the clogs
- The clogs are highly durable
- The clogs are slip-resistant
- Your feet are cushioned and comforted with these clogs
- Excellent for long-wearing
- Usually bigger sizes are available in the clogs
- Only one design is available
3. Anywear Women’s Zone Clogs
Anywear women’s zone clogs are another most recommended clogs for nurses who work long hours at the hospital. The clogs are made of 100% rubber, the sole of the clogs is of this material as well, which makes the clogs slip resistant and you can walk or even run on sloppy and slippery surfaces.
The clogs even have a heel measuring up to 1.75 inches which makes you look even more approachable and professional. The clogs are very lightweight and have cushioning features to ensure your feet don’t get any strain or discomfort while walking or standing.
The best thing about Anywear women’s zone clogs is that they are unisex and can be worn by both men and women.
The clogs have a removable insole so you can keep it or remove it according to your preferences, along with this the clogs are very comfortable. The insole top fabric of the clogs is treated with antimicrobial agents which reduces the occurrence of any odor-causing bacteria during long-term wearing of clogs.
- The clogs are made of 100% rubber material
- EVA molded upper and midsole is present in clogs
- The clogs contain a rubber sole
- The insole of the clogs is removable
- They have a roomy fit box for toes
- The top fabric insole of the clogs is antimicrobial treated
- They have lightweight technology
- The clogs are very comfortable
- They are easy to clean
- The clogs have a cushioning effect on your feet
- They can be used as the slide or slingback clogs
- They have a shock-absorbent effect on your feet
- Only a few colors are available in the clogs
- They can make your feet a little sweaty during a long time wear
4. Skechers Work Women Clogs
When you are looking for affordable yet stylish clogs, Skecher’s work women clogs are here for your rescue!
The sole of these clogs is manmade and has a rounded toe box with plentiful space for your toe to move freely. The upper of the shoes is made of smooth leather material.
The collar of the clogs is lightly padded, giving you ultimate comfort while wearing the clogs throughout the day. They are perfect for long shifts as these clogs give you ultimate stability and support while walking on wet, dry, slippery, and oily surfaces.
The best thing about these clogs is that they are considered safe from electrical hazards you might face during your work shift. The Skechers work women clog even contain a heel stabilizer which ensures that your feet feel comfortable while taking a step.
The clogs have a shock-absorbent and cushioning effect due to the lightweight midsole, this ensures that your feet are free from any discomfort or strains. Furthermore, the insole is removable, so it’s your choice whether you want to remove it or keep it.
- The sole of the clogs is manmade
- The toe box of the shoes is rounded and has good space
- The upper of the clogs are made of leather
- The lining of the clogs is made of soft flannel fabric
- The wearing style of the clogs is slip-on
- These clogs are electrical hazard safe
- The insole of the clogs is removable
- The clogs have a lightly padded collar
- The clogs even have a heel stabilizer
- The stability is promising in the Skechers work women clogs
- They have a shock absorption effect on feet
- They are very lightweight
- The clogs give good comfort to the feet
- They are slip-resistant
- They are very affordable
- They are available in a few patterns only
- When you wear them initially they may feel smaller in size
5. Crocs Women’s Neria Pro Clogs
Neria is also known for its comfortable and fashionable footwear. Crocs women’s Neria pro clogs are highly recommended for nurses who have long working hours.
The clogs are made up of synthetic material and have a one-inch platform for your feet.
The clogs are lightweight and have cushioning features that ensure that your feet are well protected from any discomfort and strain.
The clogs are slip-resistant so you can walk on any surface easily. Moreover, they are easy to clean, you can even wash them whenever you want.
The wide toe box ensures that you have plentiful room for your feet. The clogs are very supportive and comfortable. The footbed liners are removable, so you can keep or remove them whenever you want.
- The sole is made of thermoplastic elastomers
- The Crocs have a thicker toe region
- The clogs are CE certified
- There is an inforced roomy toe box
- The footbed liners of clogs are washable
- The shoes are highly comfortable
- The clogs are very lightweight
- The shoes promise good support
- They are slip-resistant work clogs
- They are easy to clean
- They are highly durable
- The clogs can make your feet feel sweaty
- The clogs are available in a few designs only
Most nurses prefer wearing clogs because they provide good stability, comfort, durability, support, and safety for the feet. Moreover, they are easy to clean and have a slip-on feature, so a nurse can have the ease of wearing the footwear she needs for her work shift. Whatever footwear a nurse prefers to wear, it’s completely based on their preferences and choices.