I have a valid point when I say one should consider the salary packages before making their career choices. Let’s be practical we study hard and choose the right field for our career to get a better living and live a luxurious life, so the salary matters ALOT!
To get the career of one’s choice is everyone’s dream, but have you ever thought about the salary package you’ll get? No? If you’re in the field of LPN or you are planning to build your career in LPN, then I’m here to tell you everything you should know about the LPN salary in Florida.
How about we get directly into the details regarding LPN, it’s job outlook and most importantly, LPN salaries in Florida.
What do you mean by LPN?
If you don’t know much about different careers of nursing, then the first thing which might have gotten into your mind is that what is LPN? I’m here to answer it for you! LPN is the abbreviation for Licensed Practical Nurse, and these nurses work under the directions of doctors and registered nurses. Florida Board of Nursing is responsible for training and educating an LPN, also the board licenses the nurses to continue their practice in health care profession.
Role of a Licensed Practical Nurse in the healthcare profession
Most people think that it’s only doctors who treat a patient and restore their health, but the actual story is something else. Along with the doctors, paramedical staff plays a vital role in restoring a patient’s health.
You might be wondering what a Licensed Practical Nurse have to do with the patient’s health, here is what you need to know:
LPN serves a patient in many ways; he or she has to change the dressing of a patient, help the patient to give the samples of their different body fluids for laboratory testing. Also, the central part of an LPN job is to keep up with the patient’s history, their recovery, along with the patient’s overall condition. Moreover, keeping track of the patient’s body temperature, pulse, breathing rate, oxygen saturation and blood pressure is also included in the LPN job in Florida.
The average salary of an LPN job in Florida
Now, as we have already discussed the different duties and responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse, you must be wondering what might be the possible earnings of an LPN in Florida. On an average, an LPN can quickly get a salary of $19.67 per hour in Florida, but it may range within $16.69 to $25.02 per hour depending on different factors which we will discuss later.
LPN jobs in Florida can offer you an average salary of $46,992 per year. Still, Florida has more to offer, so by enrolling in the online LPN program the minimum wage you can easily earnis $33K per year, and the maximum salary you may receive $54K per year. It will get even more impressive when I tell you that you can earn a handsome amount of pay with a bonus which will make your salary jump to $69,153 per year.
Different factors affecting LPN salary in Florida
As I have promised, I’ll tell you regarding the factors on which your LPN salary depends. The predictable amount you might receive depends on various aspects which includes:
- The experience you have in your field
- The city you live in the sunshine state
- The duties, skills you offer in the job and the job description
- The additional qualifications and licenses you have in advent health careers
Variations in the salary of a Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida depending on their experience
Clearing all of your course exams doesn’t mean that you can go to the hospital right away, work there and get a good salary just like those LPN nurses who have over ten years of experience in this field. Instead, you have to gain experience in your area to serve the patients. Expertise in your field has a significant impact on your LPN salary in Florida.
- If you are a fresher or you are in the stage of early-career, then you might start with a salary of $19.03 per hour.
- If you have 5-9 years of experience or you’re in your mid-career, then you can quickly expect a salary of $19.4 per hour.
- If you are an experienced LPN nurse with 10-19 years of experience, then you can easily make $20.73 per hour
- If you are in your late-career or you have more than 20 years of experience, then you can earn around $22.00 per hour
Different cities in Florida providing different salaries to a Licensed Practical Nurse
Living in a well-paying city matter a lot when it comes to LPN nurse salary in Florida
- You can expect LPN salary in Tampa, fl of about $22.36 per hour
- Expected LPN salary in Orlando, fl is $21.76 per hour
- Predicted LPN salary in Miami, fl is $20.94 per hour
- You can look forward to an amount of $24.76 per hour as LPN salary in Sarasota, fl
Licensed Practical Nurse Salary in Florida according to job description and duties
Depending on your skills, expertise and job description your salary can vary.
- If you are offering long term care to your patients, then you can earn $20 per hour
- If you’re offering your services in geriatrics, you may receive an average of $19 per hour
- If LPN nurse is providing home care to his/her patients, then one can easily earn up to $48,386 per year and $18 per hour
- If you are changing the dressing of your patients or you’re offering wound care to your patients, then get ready to earn $18 per hour.
How qualification affects the salary of LPN nurse in Florida
I’m not wrong when I tell you your skill have a massive impact on your earnings. Although you can earn well if you have already completed different LPN programs in Florida, your profits may increase if you have some additional licences along with it
- Getting an RN licence along with LPN can improve your salary by 6.74%, and you can earn actual RN salary in Florida
- With a social work licence, your earnings can increase up to 31.11%
- A chiropractic licence along with LPN can result in rising 35.69% of your actual earnings.
Companies offering LPN jobs near you
Here’s a new thing which most of you might not know about LPN jobs in Florida, a company can sign you up and help you in finding an excellent job with a better salary package and a peaceful work environment. Here I’m mentioning some of the companies that you might want to look for
- Phoenix home care and hospice offers a salary of $103 per hour
- Star pediatric homecare agency pays $41.42 per hour
- Interim healthcare wages its employees around $35.96 per hour
- With Kindred Healthcare earn up to $35.39 per hour
- American senior communities pay $33.90 per hour
- With Avamere health services you can get a salary of $33.07 per hour
Benefits an LPN nurse can expect
Although you have to work hard in the healthcare profession, there are many benefits you can enjoy being an LPN nurse in Florida
- Flexible schedule
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Referral program